Friday, November 19, 2010

Fabulous Finds Friday, Sterling Silver


I was very excited when my silver teaspoon bracelet arrived this week, mine is the actual one pictured above but there is an amazing range of patterns and silverware vintages in the etsy store Village Boutique. As a tea fantatic, I've been dreaming of a teaspoon bracelet for a few years but all my favourite online tea gift stores were too expensive. Not only that, but they don't give any details of the name of the pattern or its vintage... these are the most fascinating pieces of information, the witholding of this information always makes me assume the spoons are not vintage at all, and I am very attached to the idea of my bracelet having a true history.

My bracelet is the Tuxedo pattern discontinued in 1890! I can see some small signs of a long life in some places on the bracelet which is in amazing condition and every detail of it makes me so joyful. I wonder who owned the spoons originally, and whether we have anything in common besides the spoons?

I received the most excellent customer service from this etsy seller who made sure I bought a bracelet that would fit my wrist, I know that you will get the same care and attention if you visit her store www.villageboutique.etsy.com



Here we have one of my favourite pieces by my etsy boot camp buddy Keona at Noah's Ark Creations. Keona makes the most beautiful and inspiring hand stamped silver jewelry and will custom stamp for you. The necklace pictured here is available, it has the three tags 'hope' 'and' 'faith' with lavender beads... yep lavender again, always sure to make my hit list! I also recommend getting your children or grandchildren's names custom stamped with or without birthstones to match... come and explore the possibilities www.noahbear1.etsy.com
I'm totally loving silver and white topaz for jewelry this holiday seaon.
Stay tuned for my anual Top 10 Stocking Stuffer post.

2 comments:

NoahsArkCreations said...

I love that ring! It's so beautiful.

Miss Val's Creations said...

The teaspoon bracelet is amazing! Well worth the wait of finding the right one!