Friday, September 24, 2010

My Recent Handmade Purchases



My moratorium on shopping (due to saving for surgery) has been lifted, and here are some of my recent handmade purchases.

To begin with, my jeans were getting a little loose, and for a long time I've wanted a decent belt instead of the cheap junk I picked up from Kmart or hand-me-down leather from my Dad. I had seriously considered going to David Jones in the city as I have often browsed the belts there while waiting for my mother. I knew from that experience that I would need a good 70 to 100 dollars to come away with something nice. But then I remembered an etsy seller I had seen while browsing, and thought I'd look up the shop, and I'm so glad I did, because I was able to get a custom sized belt with a beautifully designed belt buckle, as you can see in my top image, and I can tell you I only paid USD$24 for the belt.
The etsy seller is Valento www.valento.etsy.com and I really enjoyed the friendly service, and he created my custom size faster than anticipated, the quality of the belt is excellent, I really could not be happier!


The image above is of my handmade headband from etsy seller BargainHeadbands, her bands promise to be headache free (which is important for me) and both my bands delivered on this promise. Not only that, but this seller is happy to adjust your band for you if you find it is too tight or the wrong size when it arrives. It is also possible to shop for co-ordinating headbands and purses. I believe the shop link is www.bargainheadbands.etsy.com



Here we have an image of matryoshka dolls handmade by Australian seller Plushka, I bought one of the dark blue dolls for my dressing room. Not only beautiful, the doll has immaculate stitching, and I was excited by how quickly I received my new doll, and very pleased with the friendly service. There are so many great finds in Plushka's store, please visit her, www.madeit.com.au/Plushka
What have you been buying lately?


5 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What a gorgeous belt!! I love it! so much character.

Hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Starry,
Love the hand carving on the belt really nice, something you would of never been able to buy in a shop, also like the headband, again something different.

Starry said...

Hi girls, thanks for visiting my blog, I admit I am quite in love with my new loot. I guess I will be shopping again next month around my birthday, as I traditionally buy myself something!

Cheryl said...

Starry, not sure what happened here as I was sure I had left a comment complimenting you on your purchases. You have become a 'savvy' shopper Starry. Love the belt with the 'ever so special' buckle.
Just lovely.
Take care my friend. Items in Smilebox are beautiful. Well done! Chez xo

Starry said...

Hi Chez, and thank you.

There has been a lot of trouble with comments lately but hopefully it will all be behind us soon.

Hopefully your prize parcel will be with you very soon! xoxox Starry