Friday, July 23, 2010

Recreating the Created, Reinventing My Handmade Jewelry



I have just been remaking some of my early, unsold creations... I had nice elements, but tended to make everything too big, too over the top... which was probably more to do with inexperience than taste, since I prefer classically elegant, feminine pieces. You will also be able to see that my photography has improved, though I will always be learning new tips and tricks.

The apple earrings above are remade from the earrings below.... I don't know why I thought these beautiful glass apple charms needed any additional beads, they are just so lovely on their own. Plus the section with the swarovski butterflies are set aside to make a different pair of earrings, so I've turned one creation into two.



These painted shell buttons and blue beads are the new edition of a piece that was one of my first etsy stocked items.... people liked them (or claimed to) but really they were too long and too busy. Much better don't you think?


Now back to my fun, going through my stored items and reclaiming some beautiful beads that might otherwise go to waste.



3 comments:

Cheryl said...

As I am going for the 'simple' life these days Starry so I love the changes. The apples are particularly pretty. It is fabulous that you are able to 'recreate' these special pieces.
Starry, do hope the word is spreading and sales are running hot. You deserve every success sweet friend xoxo

Starry said...

thanks Chez, business is going very well this month, so I expect a lull next month, its not bad when you know what to expect. I think the etsians will be shopped out from Christmas in July! I don't mind as over all I am getting momentum this month has been incredible!

I got the email with the blog link and went and signed up as follower, I have a feeling I might have seen the blog before as the title is very familiar but perhaps back then she didn't have a follow button... I often find blogs that don't have that.

Enjoy your quiet, restful day, xoxox starry

Jace said...

Great idea, reinventing! These look fabulous! I look forward to seeing more. :)